CORRECTIONS: At the movies
Last updated 6/24/2019 at 4:41pm | View PDF
A story in the June 20 edition of The Press incorrected noted the dates theaters were opened in Shafter. The Shafter Air Dome operated the summer of 1936, Shafter Theatre opened May 1937, State Theatre opened November 1944, Del-Kern Drive opened September 1950. All Theatres were closed by 1967. The location of the Shafter Air Dome was in an empty lot to the northwest of the Bank of America and facing James Street. The Bank of America building was already standing, being built around 1921.